About the Company
Impact Research is a small business located in Columbia, Maryland that focuses on current and emerging vehicle designs and transportation safety. We are a highly specialized team working with automotive OEMs and state and federal government partners.
About the Job
Impact Research is looking for a detail oriented data analyst to support our company. This position is onsite at our main facility in Columbia, Maryland. In this role, you will be responsible for multiple aspects of data research that include data preparation for analysis and statistical model development. You will be part of a team developing actionable data outputs for our clients and developing statistical models and other analyses to support transportation decision making. Past work in transportation safety data analysis including the use of NHTSAs crash databases, NDS data and data collected by on-board instrumentation are highly desired but not required for this position.
This position is full time and benefit eligible.
- Collecting, cleaning, transforming and preparing large data files for analysis
- Supporting projects for data integrity and standardization
- Developing or supporting analysis plans to meet project objectives
- Conducting descriptive and statistical analyses using analysis and statistical software
- Preparing and reporting of project outputs and study findings
- Using data visualization tools to communicate project outputs and study findings
- Work with data engineers to create ETL requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Epidemiology or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience as a data analyst in a related field
- Proficiency with statistical software such as SAS and R
- Experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale data sets and relational databases.
- Ability to communicate (both verbally and written) with technical and non-technical team members